Barton under Needwood Family Festival - 22nd and 23rd June 2019
(The information below may be subject to change)
Barton Gardens Festival is a grand event, over two days, for the weekend of 22nd and 23rd June 2019, with something for children, parents, grandparents and everyone else to enjoy:
- Hidden Gardens for you to view and admire, open to view for this weekend only
- Exciting rides for brave Teddy Bears and their soft furry friends in the churchyard
- A scarecrow trail around the village of scarecrows entered into our annual competition
- Refreshments available in the churchyard
- Three Teddy Rides at the Village Pond
- Fishing demonstrations at the Village Pond.
- An Art Fest in St James' Parish Church
- BBQ at the Shoulder of Mutton
Refreshments available at
- St James Churchyard, Afternoon Tea
- Barbeque at The Shoulder of Mutton
- Coffee outside St James Churchyard
- Ice Creams by the War Memorial
Public toilet facilities can be found at:
- St James’ Church Hall
- St James’ Church
- Village Hall, Crowberry Lane - if you have a disabled toilet key
First Aid Stations
First Aiders will be in attendance at the event. Signs will be on display to direct you to First Aid stations.
As you can imagine, it takes a huge number of volunteers to run an
event of this nature. It's not too difficult or time consuming for
individual volunteers, and great fun for everyone involved, so, if you
would like to come and join us, do contact:
Lucy James on 07850 268483 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If your children are 8 or over they may volunteer to be Paratedics. Contact Jill Rogers 01283 712809 or email@example.com
If you would like to see some of the fun we had last year, please click on the video below.
GRATEFUL THANKS TO OUR SUPPORTERS
- The artists and musicians who come to entertain and delight our visitors
- The Head Teacher of the John Taylor High School for the use the school’s car park
- The sponsors of the Teddy Rides and the Scarecrow event
- John German, Cameron Homes and St James Place Wealth Management, for their sponsorship
- Burton Mini Marquee for providing the marquees for all the Teddy Rides
- Enterprise Marketing for maintaining this website
- The local businesses advertising at the event
Please give them your support
You are invited to the Scarecrow Competition prize giving & presentation of money raised to the charities on: Friday 13th July at 6.30pm in St James’ Church Hall.
Barton Lions will be helping in the Official Car Park at the John
Taylor School. The Barton under Needwood Lions are seeking civic-minded
men & women to join them in making a difference in the community. We aim
to raise funds to help charities and people in the local area Come and
join us to make a difference, and have some fun whilst doing so!!
For more information please contact David Pomroy on 01283 711298.
Silver Star Mobile Diabetes testing unit
Free testing is available at the car park organised by Barton Lions.
Next year’s Festival will be on 22nd & 23rd June 2019.